Activity QuestPublished Monday, 20th July, 2020
Since mid-March, I've been producing and editing a daily podcast for the UK’s children’s radio station, Fun Kids, called Stuck at Home.
Today, Stuck at Home becomes Activity Quest. The programme is packed with things to do out-and-about now that schools have broken-up for the summer holidays and lockdown is lifting. I'm still producing and editing it but episodes are weekly instead of daily.
You can get Activity Quest in all your usual apps from Apple Podcasts and Spotify to Google Podcasts and more.
In this first episode:
- I chat to Alex from the Forest of Dean's GoApe.
- George gives families loads to do across the UK, including visiting Cutty Sark – the 150 year old ship that used to move tea from China to London – Lancaster Castle, and the Swanage Railway.
- Bex talks to conservationist, vet, CBeebies presenter, and author Jess French about her book, Slow Down Monkey, which is out on August 6th.
- BBC Radio Kent's Anna Louise takes us to the Mini Motley Farm and tells us how to take care of some of the animals there (with some incredible sound to boot!)
- Conor gives those still shielding things to do if they can't get out-and-about just yet, including making a cookbook of their favourite Stuck at Home recipes.
If you have little ones, tell me what you’re up to at FunKidsLive.com/ActivityQuest and I might use what you send me in a future episode.
As always, feedback welcome via email@example.com.