I use something called 'third-party subprocessors' to run adamstoner.com. They're basically companies employed by me to keep this site online and working the way I intend. Inspired by Ben Werdmüller and Gregory Hammond, here's a data jurisdictions statement:
- This (and all of my other domains) are registered with French company, Gandi
- This website is hosted by Ghost(Pro), the data of which is stored in Amsterdam
- Ghost(Pro) run the site through Cloudflare for their Content Distrubtion Network
- Font Proxima Nova is provided by Adobe Typekit WebFonts
- Email is hosted by HEY, built on Amazon EKS
- My podcast is hosted by Manchester-based Podcast.co, built on AWS
- I keep documents on Swiss-based, end-to-end encrypted Tresorit, the data of which is stored in Ireland in a Microsoft Azure datacenter
- I live in the United Kingdom and do all of my work exclusively on Apple products
Advertising, sponsorship, promotion
Ads aren't just annoying, they commonly invade your privacy and track your digital activity. I also believe advertisements masquerading as content is dishonest and dangerous. Therefore, I don’t get paid, accept things for free, or use referral links to earn a commission on anything on this domain. Everything here is an honest recommendation, mentioned because I see what the company is doing, have experienced their customer service or products, and think you would get some value from them also.
Selling my opinion for cash or freebies is not, and never will be, on the cards. I think people who accept these things to provide a so-called recommendation, even when they’re transparent about the fact they’ve received compensation, are boasting that their integrity and honesty depends on remuneration.
In short: Please do not email me about including your links or products in my articles. I am not interested.
I find the ongoing assault against privacy an affront which is why I've taken a stand and made this website without any kind of ad beacons or social media icons that send your data back to tech-oligopolies with only de-facto consent. When using embeds, I always opt for privacy-enhanced options like YouTube No Cookie.
No analytics software or scripts of any kind run on adamstoner.com and I do not have access to DNS-level analytics. Some people say they collect this information to 'help improve their service' so maybe my website will be shitty forever but I'd much rather be shitty than spy on you.
Membership and newsletters
To receive my newsletter you must be a member. When you become a member, two things happen:
- You create an account on my website. When you create an account, the only data I collect is your confirmed email address.
- You are subscribed to email updates from me. You can unsubscribe from my newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive or by logging in and unsubscribing.
Unsubscribing from my newsletter does not delete your account. Please email me if you wish to delete your account.
Your data resides on a content management system under my control and is not – nor will it ever be – sold, traded, or given away. You are not for sale.